Black Hat SEO is a practice of carrying out unethical and commonly disapproved methods to increase the page ranking by the search engine results. The unethical methods often go against the particular search engine terms and policies.
Going against the common search engine preset regulations, the site risks being blocked; therefore, takes security measures against its operational strategies. Most site owners implement the unapproved practices that include, and are not limited to doorway pages, paid links, content duplication, cloaking, spamdexing, and keyword stuffing.
Black Hat Techniques
- Doorway pages involve gateway pages used in tricking the search engine into page ranking. The pages are almost valueless and are primarily used to manipulate the search engine into transferring site visitors to other unrelated search destinations.
- Paid links involve buying links that manipulate search engine rankings. The strategy uses anchor text, a strong Google ranking aspect, sold to customers based on their preferences.
- Spamdexing involves the deliberate manipulation of the major search engine indexing approaches, intending to increase page ranking. Some concepts involved in spamdexing include page indexing manipulation through SEO spamming.
- Duplication and spinning are another popular method. Some sites steal the web page content from other well-known and researched content. They may use spinning software applications that would then rephrase the targeted website’s content while reserving the SEO keywords for use optimized and indexing by the Search Engine. Other article and content duplication methods include direct copy-pasting.
- Keyword stuffing is a common technique. This involves the contextual repetition of the article keywords so often, objectively trying to trick the search engine into indexing such content.
In a perfect world, these methods are deplored and return on investment short lived since search engines continuously improve their intelligence.
Websites may be penalized or banned, and such marketers’ pages completely removed from the Search Engine Ranking Pages (SERPs). In other words, do the work or hire a writer to create 100% original content for your sites.